3.18.2011

Blogrimage Day Three

Michael Parton is a legit man. He was a teenager when we first met, I think... The funny thing is I can't really remember the first instance meeting Mike. Two summers ago I moved back to Michigan and I was grafted into being friends with him and I can't remember how we met. Maybe I remember... I had dreadlocks and looked really hippie (I had just returned from missional backpacking) and played djembe for a church conference. Mike played guitar and probably thought I was crazy. But against his better judgment we became friends, and I gained an amazing friendship. We have quite an interesting relationship, one that is full of sarcasm, and terms of endearment. Our conversation this time around involved new jobs, recording studios, & Detroit.

Setting: IHOP (woodward & 12 mile)
Characters: Me, Michael, Coffee, 5 orders of Chicken n' Waffles, 6 other sweaty Ultimate Frisbee players
Memorable quote: "Oh you know I'm engaged to you baby!"
Coffee Quality: I really love IHOP's coffee, especially how sturdy their mugs are. Their mugs are super thick and keep the coffee warm. Diner coffee hits the spot for me, and IHOP is the champagne of diner coffee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a dream last night that you were in MN. When I asked if I could have coffee with you for the blog you said NO. There were too many other "you didn't know," you said.

Joe said...

Champagne of diner coffee, hilarious! I too enjoy IHOP coffee, and for some reason I feel like I can never get enough. I seriously think I could drink a whole pot, and then have the energy to either hike a mountain, or take a nap. It almost has no effect, but its so great for that very reason!

Eric Alan Ordway said...

after reading your blog I feel I have to visit an Ihop soon to judge how there diner coffee compares to Village Inn (I'm deeply hoping that it's better than Village Inn coffee)