3.21.2011

Blogrimage Day VI

Justin Rohrer ya'll! I met Justin nearly ten years ago, but it wasn't till the past year and a half that we have really connected. Ten years ago Justin showed up to youth group hungry for truth. Finding God has led Justin on an amazing journey for the past decade, and he is about to embark and what could be the most incredible yet. In about a month and a half, Justin is moving. He's following God's call and going to spent some time in Tennessee interning for a missions agency called Global Infusion. Then He is off to Central and South America for the summer. Being a part of this decision process with Justin has been a joy, we have prayed, dreamed, and laughed a lot. He needs some cash money at this point! Sorry if this seems like a shameless plug, but I feel no shame, nor do I think this is a plug. I want Justin to be free of financial burdens and be able to focus on what matters. He still needs $1,500.00 so if you feel free to give, feel free. Anyways... today Justin and I met up after church service at our usual Starbucks and talked about our travels, struggles, and joys since we last talk with each other. There is always much to be said.

Today while I was at church I got approached by a lady who told me she was following my blog and wanted to challenge me. I told her to come on wit' it. She told me something that I had been thinking of doing, but was a little apprehensive about because it was making me uncomfortable. She said I need to talk with people much older than me, outside of my realm of influence. I am thinking about this now and it seems much more difficult, but worth it! Up till this point I have not planned my coffee cup chats ahead, most of them happening spur of the moment. I love spur of the moment, but that really limits who I connect with. Most people plan ahead, if I want to expand this blogrimage, I must plan ahead, and be thoughtful.

Setting
: Starbucks (12 & I-75)
Characters: Me, Justin, Venti Caramel Frappachino, Caramel Macchiato.
Memorable quote: "I know bro!" - Justinism # 38
Coffee Quality: I love me a Caramel Macc...I have had it in several continents, always a great choice, for a starbucks.

ps- If you wanna send some funds Justin's way, find him on facebook.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I miss Justin! I think meeting with people above your age is a great idea, its just so much harder to connect with them because they have so many more responsibilities. I say do it though, Malachi 4:5 that thing bro, last verse of the OT!